Thursday, December 10, 2009

Can anyone out there translate the words to the French song ';La Mer';?

English lyrics, unrelated to the French lyrics, were written by Jack Lawrence and entitled ';Beyond the Sea';. This became a hit for Bobby Darin in 1960, and the song has since been recorded by more than 400 other artists in many languages.





Beyond the Sea





Somewhere beyond the sea,


Somewhere, waiting for me,


My lover stands on golden sands


And watches the ships that go sailing;





Somewhere beyond the sea,


He's (She's) there watching for me.


If I could fly like birds on high,


Then straight to his (her) arms I'd go sailing.





It's far beyond a star,


It's near beyond the moon,


I know beyond a doubt


My heart will lead me there soon.





We'll meet beyond the shore,


We'll kiss just as before.


Happy we'll be beyond the sea,


And never again I'll go sailing!





Here's the actual translation of the French Song La Mer:





The sea that one sees dancing


Along the clear gulfs


Has reflections of silver, the sea,


Reflections changing under the rain.





The sea under the summer sky


Mingles its white sheep


With the angels so pure, the sea,


Infinite shepherdess of blue.





See near the pools


Those great damp reeds!


See those white birds


And those russet houses!





The sea has nestled them


Along the clear gulfs,


And with a song of love the sea


Has nestled my heart for a lifetime.Can anyone out there translate the words to the French song ';La Mer';?
go to freetranslation.com


and type that in. and change the setting to french to english.


good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
credit union